MEDICINE USE & SAFETY
Oak-Faith Pharma is always devoted to the safety and effective use of medicines as part of our responsibility as an entirely native drug company. We put to use a multifaceted and upgraded approach to creating quality medicines including collaborating with regulatory bodies and health and safety experts to know the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, therapeutics and adverse effects of these medicines.
All information concerning the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, therapeutics and adverse effects of our products are available in product inserts. Act better to read and have the knowledge about the merchandise packaging and add before employing our medicines. Wherever you’ve got any trouble understanding the information supplied, (please consult your physician or pharmacist promptly.
You’ll be able to reach Oak-Faith Pharma on 0700-OAK-FAITH. Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDICINE SAFETY EDUCATION
It is important to get this at the back of your head that ‘YOU’ play a critical role when it entails ensuring your safety while taking any medicines. Discussing with health professionals such as doctors, pharmacists helps give them insight about which to prescribe and that they successively can guide you on the best way to take prescribed medicines appropriately.
STEPS TO TAKE
- Understand your body system e.g. how you are feeling after taking a medication; known allergies and how you are feeling before going to the hospital.
- Share your health care record with your physician or pharmacist, if you abused drugs or alcohol over the past or if you have got any medical illness.
- Allow the physician know if you’ve got or have experienced any adverse reaction to any drug
- Discuss any physical handicap with your physician, regardless of how uncomfortable it is.
- Observe results after taking a specific medication and let your physician know.
OPTIMISING BENEFITS AND RISKS
Medicines have their advantages and dangers; in the maximum amount since you’ll enjoy them you’d like to learn the method to mitigate or avoid adverse reactions.
STEPS TO TAKE
- Be careful to any slight changes that occur to you physically and emotionally
- Communicate your observations (bad or good ) to your Physician if you notice any adverse reaction – seek the recommendation of a health care provider immediately
SAFETY USE OF TIMELINE
Oak-Faith Pharma has a regulatory and ethical responsibility to see the security of medicines produced and sold during the duration of the medication. Along with the stipulated guidelines stated by safety and health experts as well as regulatory bodies, Oak-Faith Pharma periodically conducts Post Marketing Surveillance (PMS) to make sure that products available are appropriate to be employed by the buyers.
Pharmaceutical products have batch particulars — manufacturing date, expiry date and batch numbers indicated on the merchandise packaging — outer and inner.
Please carefully read the data related to batch particulars carefully before using any medicines. Make references to the ‘medication use and safety page’ for more details.
Self-medication is the usage of medicines without proper expert advice from your physician or pharmacist. This has become common practice among people round the world, which has caused more harm than good.
THE PITFALLS OF SELF-MEDICATION COMPRISE:
- Incorrect self-diagnosis
- Delay in seeking appropriate medical information when Required
- Infrequent but severe adverse reactions
- Dangerous drug interactions
- Incorrect manner of administration
- Incorrect dose
- Incorrect choice of therapy
- Masking of a severe disease
RISK OF DEPENDENCY AND MISUSE
Antimicrobial resistance — World Health Organisation defines antimicrobial immunity as the ability of a microorganism (such as a bacterium, fungus, virus or parasite) to withstand the impact of medication formerly designed to deal with an infection caused by this organism. If folks use antimicrobial drugs at low doses and inappropriately it might make the microorganism develop resistance to the impact of these medications. Counterfeit medicine also results in the matter of antibiotic resistance because of inadequate amounts of active ingredient within the medication.
PREVENTION OF SELF MEDICATION
- Consult a doctor before taking any medication
- Always opt for medical check-up to stay abreast with the knowledge of your health condition
- If you have become hooked in to self-medication, seek help through your Physician
ADHERENCE TO DOSAGE
Adherence to dosage means you carrying your medication exactly as advocated on merchandise leaflets or as prescribed by your doctor. This includes taking the appropriate dose of medication at the proper time and adhering to particular diet restrictions.
THE WAY TO ADHERE TO DOSAGE
- Listen carefully to education given by your doctor or pharmacist
- Always be careful to read directions on medication package or prescriptions supplied by your pharmacist
- If you notice any adverse reaction, talk to your doctor immediately
- Set reminders for the right time to take your medicines.